Philip J. Reilly Filtration Plant – 400 East Arthur Gardner Parkway, Hazleton, PA
Robert L. Zientek Administration Building – 400 East Arthur Gardner Parkway, Hazleton, PA
Description – The Philip J. Reilly Filtration Plant is a 10 MGD conventional facility that was constructed in 1992 – 1993. The new Administration Building was also constructed in 1992-1993 and houses the Authority’s office, distribution center, and meter department. The filtration plant and administration buildings are situated on 50 acres of land owned by the Authority.
Hudsondale Pump Station – Rt. 93, Hudsondale, PA – 6.8 MGD Pump Station constructed in 1981. Water source is the Quakake Creek and Biesels Run. HCA owns approximately 2500 acres of watershed land surrounding the Hudsondale Reservoir and Pump Station.
Dreck Creek Pump Station – Stockton Road, Hazleton, PA – 6.0 MGD Pump Station constructed in 1998. HCA owns approximately 850 acres of land surrounding the Dreck Creek Pump Station and Reservoirs.
Lehigh River Pump Station – Located in Rockport State Park – Rockport, PA. – 5.5 MGD Pump Station constructed in 1994 on the Lehigh River in Rockport State Park.
Barnes Run/Humboldt Pump Station – Rt. 924, Humboldt, PA – 3.5 MGD Pump Station constructed in 1976 to pump water from Stoney Creek and Humboldt Reservoirs. The HCA owns or has water rights to approximately 1200 acres of watershed land surrounding the Barnes Run Pump Station.
Mt. Pleasant Pump Station and Well Field – Rt. 924, Humboldt – 2.0 MGD Pump Station and three (3) production wells all constructed in 1976. The HCA owns approximately 370 acres of watershed land surrounding the pump station and wells.
Beaver Meadows Booster Station – Dean Street, Beaver Meadows, PA – 6.8 MGD Booster Station constructed in 1981 on a small lot on Dean Street, Beaver Meadows, PA.
Perry Court Booster Station – 3rd and Perry Ct., Hazleton, PA – 2.0 MGD Booster Station constructed in 1960.
Lattimer Booster Station – Back Street, Lattimer, PA – 1.8 MGD Booster Station construction in 1997.
Barnes Run Well #3 – Rt. 924, Humboldt – Constructed in 1980.
Buck Mountain Pump Station and Well – Buck Mountain, Weatherly, PA – Pump station constructed in 1940’s and renovated in 1992. The Buck Mountain well was constructed in 1992. HCA owns approximately 1750 acres of watershed land surrounding the pump station and well.
Drifton Booster – Rt. 940, Drifton, PA – Small pump station built prior to 1943. Block building was renovated in early 90’s.
Tomhicken Wells – Back Street, Tomhicken, PA – The original well was acquired in 1963 and the system supplies water to approximately 40 homes in Tomhicken, PA. In 2001 the HCA purchased 4.41 acres of watershed land surrounding the original well. An additional well and an 84,224 gallon steel storage tank were constructed during 2004-5.
Derringer Wells – Derringer, PA – The original well building was constructed in 1960 and supplies water to approximately 90 Homes in the Villages Derringer and Fern Glen. A second well and new pipeline between the wells and existing storage tank was constructed during 2007-8.
Delano/Park Place Wells – Delano, PA – The well at Delano and the two (2) Park Place wells were constructed in 1992 to supply approximately 350 homes in Delano and Mahonoy Townships. The HCA owns approximately 500 acres of watershed land surrounding these three (3) wells.
Junedale PRV Station – Junedale, PA – The Junedale PRV building is a very small block structure converted to a PRV Station in 2007. The building originally housed a booster pump and was constructed in 1979 to pump water to the Junedale Tank, which was demolished in 2008.
Roan Booster Station – 400 East Arthur Gardner Parkway – The Roan Booster Station has not been used since the filtration plant went on-line in 1993. This building is currently used for storage.
Lattimer Stand-by Wells – Lattimer, PA – The two (2) Lattimer wells are maintained for emergency use only. Lattimer Well #1 was constructed in 1960 and Lattimer Well #2 was constructed in 1975. Both well buildings are small block structures.
Ebervale Stand-by Wells – Ebervale, PA – The two (2) Ebervale wells are maintained for emergency use only. The Ebervale wells were acquired in 1946 and housed in two very small wooden buildings. HCA owns approximately 13 acres of watershed land surrounding these wells.
Ebervale Reservoirs – Ebervale, PA – The Ebervale Reservoirs are situated on two parcels of land approximately 15 acres each. Both parcels are owned by the Hazleton City Authority and were acquired in 1946.
Harliegh Reservoir Property – Harliegh PA – The two (2) Harliegh Reservoirs were constructed in the late 1800’s. The Hazleton City Authority owns approximately 22 acres of watershed land surrounding these reservoirs.
Quakake Creek Watershed Property – The Authority owns approximately 800 acres of watershed land protecting the source waters of the Quakake Creek. No structures are erected on the property.
Pardeesville Water System – On August 21, 2002 the Hazleton City Authority closed on the purchase of the Pardeesville Water System. Construction is now complete that extended a water main from the Hazleton City Authority’s system to the existing 80 customers in Pardeesville, and to the Butler Township section of Pardeesville to supply approximately 40 additional customers. The total cost of the acquisition and main extension project was $1.525 Million. The Pardeesville Water System consists of the pipe distribution system, five wells that are in emergency standby use, and two steel storage tanks that are not in service.
The Hazleton City Authority provides water service to fourteen municipalities in part of the counties of Luzerne, Carbon, and Schuylkill. The Authority has 14,950 customers. The water system has 285 miles of pipeline ranging in size from ¾” to 30”, 673 fire hydrants, 3420 valves and approximately 12,000 service lines. The Authority owns and maintains 35 buildings and structures, 17 reservoirs and 13 storage tanks.